When it comes to homemade scrubs, there are endless possibilities. Try any of these three homemade body scrub recipes to see significant results.
When it comes to homemade scrubs, there are endless possibilities. You can make DIY scrubs for your face, body, feet, and so much more. But today we will be focusing just on homemade body scrubs.
Here are three easy DIY body scrub recipes that will make your skin soft just after the first use.
- But first, here are a few things to remember before trying these recipes.
- Avoid getting the scrubs in contact with water, as that can affect their longevity.
- Remember to refrigerate the body scrubs.
- Always use the scrubs after you’re done cleaning your body with soap.
- Remember to moisturize your body after you’re done exfoliating.
- Replace old batches of scrubs with new ones because these scrubs have no preservatives and can go bad after about a week.
- Let us jump into the three homemade body scrub recipes.
Don’t Miss: 5 Hair Serums To Buy From Nykaa That Will Tame Unruly Hair In Minutes
Basic Sugar Scrub
- The first recipe is a straightforward and basic sugar scrub that can be easily made with ingredients found in your kitchen.
- Mix 5 tablespoons of sugar with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Mix it till it forms a paste-like consistency.
- Use this scrub to exfoliate your body twice a week.
The granules of sugar act as an exfoliator, and the coconut oil hydrates your skin. You can modify this scrub into a coffee scrub by adding the following ingredients to the sugar mix – 3 tablespoons of coffee, 5-10 drops of vitamin E oil and 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil.
The coffee helps by peeling impurities and dead skin off the body. Vitamin E oil is a natural antioxidant that rejuvenates the skin. Jojoba oil is a long-lasting moisturizer and has anti-aging properties.
Don’t Miss: Ozone Hair Treatment: Everything You Need To Know
Multani Mitti Scrub
Multani mitti is a great natural ingredient that has anti-inflammatory properties and reduces tan lines and pigmentation.
- Add three tablespoons of multani mitti to two tablespoons of rice flour. The rice flour will help exfoliate your skin.
- Add four tablespoons of raw milk to the dry mixture. Milk will nourish your skin and make it supple.
- Add 2-4 drops of rose essential oil for fragrance.
- Use this scrub once a week for softer skin.
Potatoes are one of the best natural exfoliants for your skin. When it comes to removing dark spots and moisturizing dry skin, this vegetable works like a charm.
- Start by cutting and peeling one raw potato.
- Grate it thinly and squeeze all the excess water out of it. You can use this water later on your face.
- Add two tablespoons of gram flour and turmeric.
- Add two tablespoons of raw milk and one tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Mix it properly and use it once every two weeks.
- Your skin will be smoother due to the gram flour or besan, and turmeric will add shine to it. Remember to only make one batch of this scrub at a time, as storing it can cause the potatoes to rot, which can be harmful to your skin.
- Try any of these three homemade body scrub recipes to see significant results.
For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi!
Did you like this article ?
Download HerZindagi App for seamless experience
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at [email protected]