This caesar wedge salad is a twist on a classic starter and it’s filled with delicious and fresh flavors! It’s perfect for serving with every meal and your whole family will love it!
Who doesn’t love a good salad when meal time rolls around? You must try out this delicious copycat Olive Garden salad, this Portillo’s chopped salad and this mouthwatering strawberry spinach salad. They are perfect for eating all year round!
Caesars Wedge Salad Recipe
We all know and love a classic wedge salad. It usually has some crispy bacon along with some blue cheese crumbles and blue cheese dressing right? Well, why not take that salad to the next level and make it with some deliciously fresh parmesan cheese and some homemade caesar dressing?!
The reason that I love caesar salads is because they are so versatile. The flavor and the ingredients seem to pair well with just about everything. And whipping it up with a wedge of lettuce really dresses it up and elevates your meal. Plus, the creamy caesar dressing adds in the absolute best flavor that will leave you wanting to lick your plate clean!
What’s In a Caesar Wedge Salad?
These ingredients are so simple and easy! Make your dressing ahead of time (it takes 5 minutes) and store it in your fridge. This makes a delightful lunch or even a starter before any meal. Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Butter Lettuce: I like to get miniature hearts (also known as little gems) for this wedge salad.
- Grape Tomatoes: Cut your tomatoes in half so that you get that fresh, juicy flavor in every bite!
- Authentic Caesar Dressing: You can make this at home with this easy recipe. Or, if you are short on time then you can just grab some from the store!
- Parmesan Cheese: I like to grate my parmesan fresh from the block. The flavor is stronger and really, fresh is always best!
How to Make a Caesar Wedge Salad
This recipe is only four simple steps! You will love how easy it is yet it looks so elegant on your plate. Even my kids love this salad so we make it all of the time at our house!
- Prep the Lettuce: Wash and dry the miniature butter lettuce hearts. With a sharp knife, cut in half length wise and set on a small plate. Repeat for the other lettuce hearts.
- Add tomatoes: Cut and divide the tomatoes among all four servings and then add them to each serving.
- Add a drizzle of dressing: Drizzle 2 tablespoons of dressing on each lettuce wedge.
- Sprinkle on cheese: Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese and enjoy!
If you really want to elevate this caesar wedge salad then you MUST try adding on some additional toppings to really take this to the next level!
- Grilled Corn: Try adding in some grilled corn. Grill some outside during the summer months or on a skillet on your stove during cooler months. Trust me, this adds in such a delicious flavor and texture. It’s SO GOOD!
- Croutons: I love croutons on any salad. The crunch is delicious and the flavor mixes so well with the caesar salad dressing. You can even make them at home with this recipe.
- Salt and Black Pepper: Add a dash of salt and pepper to each individual salad and it will elevate all of the flavors in it!
Make Ahead of Time
This caesar wedge salad is a great recipe to make ahead of time and assemble just before you serve it! Make the dressing a day or two ahead and store it in an airtight container in your fridge. You can cut up your lettuce and tomatoes beforehand and you can grate your cheese ahead of time too. Then, when it comes time to serve, you can just pull everything out of the fridge, assemble and enjoy!
Wash and dry the miniature butter lettuce hearts. Cut in half length wise and set on a small plate. Repeat for the other lettuce hearts.
Cut and divide the tomatoes among all four servings and then add them to each serving.
Drizzle 2 tablespoons of dressing on each lettuce wedge.
Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese and enjoy!
serving1mini headCalories240kcal (12%)carbohydrates7g (2%)protein8g (16%)fat21g (32%)Saturated Fat5g (25%)Polyunsaturated Fat10gmonounsaturated fat5gcholesterol20mg (7%)sodium564mg (24%)potassium451mg (13%)Fiber2g (8%)sugar3g (3%)Vitamin A5609IU (112%)Vitamin C8mg (10%)Calcium220mg (22%)iron3mg (17%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.